Thursday, November 24, 2011

Okay...a real update

Life has become even more busy since my previous (real) update in August. Perhaps "busy" is not to right word. "Exhausting" fits better.

Why?

Well, shocking as it was to all of us, I got pregnant.

Yeah.

Really.

Baby #2's due date?

April. Yes...April. You know, the same month Sienna was born.

Siblings born less than a year apart!

Craziness. I think that God has a sense of humor. :)

Other than that bit of news and the exhaustion that comes with being pregnant, being a mom to a 7 month old (!), and working....things have been great.

My extra free time has recently been taken up by researching adoption/orphan care ministry. I feel like this is something that our church should be involved in...so I've been doing a lot of research about it. Nothing concrete is in the works as of yet...this is just something I have been thinking and praying about.

Reading up on the orphan crisis makes me so thankful for such a beautiful family. The word family is so intimate. It is people who stick by your side, who love you no matter what...and it doesn't just include those genetically related to us....it has grown to include friends (like 5th brother Mike & his FIANCE, Adrianne!!!), our beautiful daughter who is such a treasure, and our birthparents. We have been so blessed.

Truly....

...life is blessed.

(I can't update without showing off pictures of Sienna....she is growing soooo much! She does something new every day and is definitely developing a goofy sense of humor. Her new favorite thing: "kissing" which consists of chewing on people's faces. Normally that wouldn't be too bad...except for her two teeth!!!)






















No comments: