Friday, June 3, 2011

Busy, busy, busy












Just when I think I have finally gotten the hang of this mothering thing, I go and get myself sick. Dan has been awesome and has sacrificed a lot of sleep to try to get me healthy again. Although this morning he did tease me about my horrible immune system. Apparently Sienna's is better than mine as well!!!
Other than being sick this week, things have been great. I love being a mom and I don't think I could love this little girl any more than I already do. I was asked at our recent Memorial Day picnic if I ever get surprised by the fact that I am a mom....Like, do I forget that there is actually a baby in the house. I don't....probably because I have been anticipating this moment for such a long time.
I love being part of the "Mommy club" and I can't remember what in the world I used to talk about before Sienna. Granted, I do still have people asking me insensitive questions like, "How long do you have to see the birthparents?" or "Does it feel weird raising someone else's baby?"
I don't want to go on a huge rant here but I want to dispel a few myths about open adoption with us:
Each adoption is different. We have a great relationship with our birthparents. We love, respect, and pray for them and we see them every week. We don't "have" to do meet with them at all. We choose to because we WANT to! We want Sienna to grow up know who her birthparents are. We want her to know what an incredible gift she was and how incredibly loved she is by ALL of us! They are not just going to go away. We don't want them to and they don't want to. They will be at events (like her upcoming baptism) and we want them to be. Without them, there would be no Sienna. :)
I'm hoping to keep up a little more with the blogging now that we are on more of a schedule. Meanwhile, enjoy the pictures of this beautiful girl!


1 comment:

Breanna said...

She's not someone else's. She was most definitely yours before you even knew it.